Dentures and denture adhesive give you so much in terms of comfort and confidence, return the favor with a good clean up and daily maintenance.
Here are six steps to ensure you take good care of your dentures:
- Clean them daily: Using a denture brush, rinse and brush your dentures, preferably in clean, warm water. Then soak them in a cleanser solution to help keep them white and help prevent the build up of bacteria.
- Brush gently: You’ll avoid damaging plastic or metal parts of the denture. And as a further precaution, moisten the brush before using it.
- Brush your mouth: Gums, tongue, and natural teeth should be brushed with a fluoride toothpaste like Crest®. It will remove plaque, stimulate circulation, and maintain your oral health.
- Rinse: After brushing, give your mouth a refreshed feeling with a mouthwash.
- No DIY: Adjusting dentures by yourself may cause harm to your mouth. Trust your dentist or prosthodontist for advice and answers to specific questions about your oral care.
- No Hot Water: Don’t immerse your dentures in water that is too hot or boiling, as it can damage the material.
Last but not least, keep your dentures moist when you’re not wearing them to avoid your dentures drying out and losing their shape. If your denture has metal attachments, the American College of Prosthodontists recommends regular visits to a dental professional. It’s best to consult with your dentist for specific maintenance advice.
With a little love, care, and Fixodent® denture adhesive cream, your dentures will give you the ability to eat, smile, and talk with confidence.