At one time or another, denture wearers will face some issues with their dentures. To help, Fixodent® has some quick solves to common denture issues.
Here are five typical denture challenges and tips for overcoming them:
- Too much saliva Your mouth is hosting a new foreign object so it’s normal for your salivary glands to work in overdrive. They’ll gradually adjust but in the meantime, try swallowing more, or enjoying a mint or hard candy.
- Mouth sores and pain This is a very common problem occurring within hours of wearing dentures. Try rinsing your mouth with warm salt water, or you can benefit from a denture adhesive that will help prevent denture movement to reduce irritation and sore spots.
- "Full-mouth" feeling: At the beginning of your denture experience, you might feel as if they are too big or that your lips are being pushed forward. Wear your dentures as much as possible so the muscles in your mouth “learn” how to keep them in place.
- Slipping dentures moving around your mouth Your lip, cheek, and tongue muscles are fighting to push your dentures out of your mouth. Keep them in place with a denture adhesive.
- Ill-fitting dentures Dentures rest on gum tissue and your jawbone, which deteriorate and shrink over time. If your dentures feel loose after some time, visit your dentist. Maybe it’s time for an adjustment or a new set of replacement dentures.
Dentures can present some challenges at first, but rest assured that all of them can be overcome with a positive attitude, some expert tips, and a few dabs of Fixodent adhesive.
Fixodent® Denture Adhesive: Overcoming Denture Challenges